Nigeria has become the biggest betting market in Africa and is one of the most popular destinations for the world’s biggest online sportsbooks.
Given the rapid growth of the online betting industry, competition is really high, which has led to several benefits for bettors.
Every bookmaker is trying to outdo the other with constant development and improvements in offering services to their users.
With so many choices, it can be extremely difficult for you to pick a sportsbook. Worry not, however, as we at Footballbetting.org, can provide you with some tips on how to give you the best experience of betting online in Nigeria.
All the information you find here has been carefully researched and drawn up by our team of betting experts, with the sole purpose of ensuring you have a pleasant time when betting on sports.
How do I know if a betting website is good?
Great question. There is an easy way to identify a good betting website. It will meet the following criteria, ideally.
These are the basic features that the platform must have so that you know you are getting your money’s-worth when betting.
1. Bonuses, Offers, Promotions and Gifts
The golden rule for any betting website to be successful is offering bonuses.
Every bettor dreams of making big stacks of money with a nominal bet. Bonuses are offered by betting websites just for this reason, to give their customers an opportunity to win big.
Good betting sites have offers and bonuses that are favourable to punters, and where the terms and conditions are not very stringent.
2. Options of markets and odds
Every person who bets must know how important markets and odds are in the scheme of things for sports betting sites.
A good betting site will have a number of markets to choose from (many sports) and the odds offered will be competitive.
Keep an eye on the different betting options available on various websites, and new markets like esports betting and virtual betting.
3. Live Betting
Live sports betting has been a game-changer in the betting industry. A good betting site should ideally have live betting available on various sports.
4. Payment methods
The best betting sites have quick and easy payment methods for both withdrawals and deposits. Sportsbooks offer various ways of depositing real money for convenience of transacting.
Choose a website that has a quick turnaround time.
5. User-friendly interface
The interface and design of a betting site matters a lot. If the betting website is easy to understand and navigate then you can trust it to be good as they have invested in improving the user experience.
You don’t want to spend valuable time trying to place a bet. You want it to be seamless and extremely easy so that you don’t miss out on a potential bet at a particular time.
With more Nigerian punters placing bets using their mobile devices, a good betting platform will definitely have a mobile-friendly site that can be used.
6. Safety and Security
Security will be key when selecting a betting website. Companies that have focused on having the highest levels of security to make sure that their customers’ funds are secure, are definitely the betting sites of choice.
7. Customer Service
All the top betting sites will have 24×7 customer service and support available for all users.
It sends a strong message to people showing that the company cares about them and will do everything to support them in the right way.
This can help build the betting site’s reputation and also build customer loyalty.
Where can I find a list of the best betting sites in Nigeria?
If you are confused about which website to use then fear not as we have done all the work for you already. You just need to pick from the list we have below.
This is a compilation of the best betting sites that are ranked in order to give you a sense of what to expect from each sports betting platform.
Have a look and then you decide, which works best for you.
#1 – SportyBet
Get NGN 500 as a free bet gift for every friend that joins SportyBet
- Africa’s #1 football betting and live streaming app
- Amazing promotions and bonuses including Match of the Day, Refer a Friend Bonus, Live Odds Boost, and many more!
- Wide range of payment options
- Availability of esports betting, Simulated Reality Leagues (SRL), virtual betting, jackpot and many sports from around the world
- Live betting available and rebet option available too
- Presence in not only Nigeria but also Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia
- You can bet using Naira
- Brilliant mobile app with a very high level of security
- Nigerian football legend Kanu Nwankwo trusts SportyBet
#2 – Betway
50% up to ₦20.000 Welcome Bonus
- Provides good football odds
- International sportsbook
- Wide range of sports
- Good mobile app
- Already established in Nigeria
- Great sign-up offer
- Good for live betting
Drawback – No Asian Handicaps available
#3 – Betwinner
100% up to ₦100,000 Welcome Bonus
- Betting exchange is an option
- Incredibly wide offers in terms of markets
- No transaction fees
- User-friendly interface
- Bet constructor feature is unique
- Streaming of multiple events at the same time is possible
- Payments in Naira accepted
Drawback – The look of the website can be confusing
#4 – 22Bet
Welcome Offer 100% up to ₦50.000
- Has almost every sports option that you can think of
- Terrific customer service
- Lots of bonuses and promotions available for registered users
- Payments in Naira are accepted
- Transactions using Airtel Money and MPesa are available
- Very high odds, generally
- Great live betting experience
- Nice for streaming
Drawback – Could do a much better job with the website
#5 – 1xBet
Welcome Offer 100% up to ₦100.000
- Probably offers the best odds amongst all sportsbooks in Nigeria
- Wide range of payment options available
- 100% first deposit bonus is always a plus
- Lots of markets and sports to choose from
- Naira can be used for deposits and withdrawals
- Virtual betting available
- No charges on deposits or withdrawals
- 24×7 customer service available
Drawback – Heavy website so takes time to load at times
#6 – Bet9ja
100% up to ₦100.000 Welcome Bonus
- Nigeria’s most famous bookmaker
- Wide selection in sports betting
- Local customer support available in Nigeria
- A huge number of matches available to bet on
- A large number of bonuses available
- Competitive odds
Drawback – Only based in Nigeria and no presence anywhere else